Friday, July 31, 2009

Career Change

It was a pretty interesting day for me today. In two weeks, I should be going back to school but something just came up and I am probably moving to another school (Lady of the Lake) of this semester. I will be processing my papers including the transfer of my scholarship by next week. "Lady of the Lake" is supposed to be a better school for my nursing field. This is where I was recommended to go. I got an offer to be in a military air force nurse. By October, I will be taking an exam, then go for my physical fitness, so on, and so forth. Today was a new start for me to make another big decision in my life. I am still confused and I'm going to be doing a lot of thinking until December. They have to know before January of next year, so they could start setting me up for my semester being in the air force. I really got excited about this. If I decide to pursue this, in front of me are huge opportunities. They will pay my tuition, books, gas expenses, and almost everything that I need. And the package of the whole thing is that I get a work out almost every day which I really like to do. Then, when I get finish, I get to travel around the world. And also, I can learn on how to fly a plane, and I get to go to the LSU - (known as the "Harvard in the South") for my classes and a lot more. Of course, I still have to undergo some tough trainings and I don't know how I am going to do with that. But they told me not to worry about it. I will be fine. I already had a meeting with the captain of the air force today and he said, I should have no problem getting into it. He even added, “you don't have to look tough, but you will be built tough". He said: main thing they need are "critical thinkers". Can you believe? Me? A smart thinker? he he...we will see about that. I will also be tested on how I will react on different situations under pressure. If I pass it, this might be the right road for me.

Anyway, regardless of what my decision will be on this whole thing. I am going to stay put and finish my semesters needed to be a full pledge nurse, and on the side of it, I will probably be adding up semesters for the air force. Just in case I decide to turn my back on it. I won't lose anything. I also think that it's time to seek guidance to the Lord. I got all kinds of opportunities laid in front of me. It's just a matter of making the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment